It seems the digital clock moves backward
Though time beats steadily still
You've changed, 'cause for you, time moved forward
You grew up with time, with free will
Alone in that room, I still sit unaffected
Staring at webs in the farthest corner
Jack the spider, my order in disorder
For me, the clock holds at ninety seven
I'm still that little girl, oblivious to you
I'm still daydreaming of playing in heaven
Ignoring what would become my nightmare, too
Gravity, like magnetic pull
Draws me back to the room of roots and coal
And like a match thrown to that coal
Bitterness ignites my fragmented soul
But I hold it in, I'm getting too full
I long to rewind real time
So I can run, I can be saved
Wash myself of the filthy grime
And erase the pain I'd engrave
It seems the digital clock moves backward
Though time beats steadily still
Time moved forward for you
You got to grow up...lucky you
No comments:
Post a Comment