Friday, June 21, 2013
Borderline
I've only talked to a few people about my diagnoses of Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, and major depressive disorder. But the few I have talked to all tell me that I am lucky. I'm lucky that I'm young, I'm lucky that it was discovered early, I'm lucky that I have a name to my madness. I don't feel lucky. I feel like these diagnoses are an end to my life. Yeah, I realize that sounds extremely dramatic, but it's true. All of the things that I imagined my life to be are gone. It won't be easy to move out of my parents house. Borderline people are often not hireable. I don't know what in the world I want to do long term. No man is going to want to marry a borderline. I would be an awful mother. So now what? What do I do...?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How are you doing now? Haven't seen you at the other site, and given the last message, I thought I'd check and see how you're doing. Say the word if this is a problem.
ReplyDeleteAs for this post: I could tell you a bunch of things to think and feel, but it sounds like you're sick of that. I would like to encourage you to NOT limit yourself with hiring and marriage. If you want these things, I think you're capable of finding your own route to these goals. Do you have access to resources? Do they respect you as an individual?
Hey, I'm sorry I never replied to this comment. It's been a rough couple of months for me. I've started my therapy. It's hard, but it's going.
DeleteHow are you doing? I don't know who you are, but thank you for checking on me.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete